Monday 17 October 2011

So this weekend I went to the Huddersfield Convention which is for YSA of the Church (Young Single Adults) - and it was awesome! It was jam packed and on the first night they had a dance with two DJs: one inside and one outside in a big tent! Also they had KRISPEY KREME DOUGHNUTS and ice-cream. Pure joy when I saw those bad boys! My tummy was very happy. I had six. Shhhhhh.

The Chorley MTC President and his wife spoke at the Saturday Morning Devotional. They were really nice. They talked about the theme for the convention which was "Open Thy Mouth" (see D&C 28:16).

Then we did a service project which was clearing up rubbish in a forest. It was fun and we got to wear latex gloves which always makes me feel like a surgeon (yeah right! ha!). It turned into kind of a competition to see who could find the most interesting thing, we found: clothes, beds, tvs, kettles, computers, wheels, etc.

In the afternoon we were split into groups and went to do fun activities like bowling and lazer quest... my group got to go on pedalos! Such fun! And kind of wet. We went on a beautiful lake in red pedalos and pedaled all around for about an hour. Everyone was switching pedalos and generally having fun on the water! :)






I stayed at my friend Katie's house - I love her bed. It is soooo comfy. Although I do tend to stay over there for the weekend and it's always very busy so maybe anything would be comfy at that point!! Who knows!

Don't worry - it's a rootbeer float!

On the Saturday night I had a bit of a wardrobe disaster... I forgot to bring all my stuff so all I had was my dress. I ended up having to borrow make up and someone lent me a cardigan and vest for under my dress, then Katie did my hair. I also had to dry my shoes with a hair dryer because they were still wet from pedalo-ing (?). But the dancing was still fun...




Sunday was great. Lots of people bore their testimony in Sacrament Meeting. But I didn't get chance to so I figure, hey, what's a blog for if not to bear my testimony?!

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It is the best church on the whole earth and I know it is true with all my heart. I am so grateful to have grown up with the knowledge of the gospel and such a wonderful family. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I have a testimony of tithing that it really works. I have such a strong faith, and even when I stray from the path I always return with a stronger faith. I know that if I keep the commandments that I will be blessed. I am striving to reach the celestial kingdom and become more like my Saviour - I want to develop christlike qualities like him. I know the Holy Ghost is a member of the God head and when I live worthy of his companionship I am comforted and guided throughout my life. I love this gospel and the people in it.
In the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment